Our pets are our faithful companions—they know us so well, as we do them. But how well do we really know them?
• Cats have thirty-two muscles in each ear and can rotate an ear individually like a radar dish.
• Your feline friend can make over 100 different vocal sounds.
• Cats have five toes on their front paws but only four on their back paws.
• Contrary to the popular myth, dogs actually see color, but it’s limited to blues, yellows, greens, and grays.
• Canines have over 100 different facial expressions.
• Get a whiff of this: a dog’s sense of smell is 10,000 to 100,000 times more powerful than ours.
• So much for “eating like a bird”—birds eat half of their body weight every day to survive.
• Birds’ hearts beat about 400 times per minute at rest, and, when active, some can max out at over 1,200 beats per minute!
• Our bird friends have hollow bones, which allows them to take flight.
• The largest hamsters in the world can grow to over a foot long.
• Many hamsters can blink one eye at a time.
• If your hamster seems to be hiding during sleep, it’s just because they prefer enclosed spaces while resting.
#pets #petcare #loveyourpets #greenislepropertiesblog